Scope of Practice
Businesses typically run into environmental issues through the operation of a business which may create a risk to the environment or through the acquisition of business interests or real estate that involve existing or potential environmental hazards. Failure to secure proper licenses or permits or failing to properly contain existing or potential environmental risks can expose businesses and business owners to substantial liability. Our Environmental Group is here to assist you in managing these issues.
- Represent company in environmental review and negotiations for purchase of contaminated site.
- Represent a city in well contamination investigations, litigation and settlement processes.
- Represent a city in its investigation and remediation of a landfill, with a focus on state and federal cost recovery processes.
- Lobby on behalf of a municipal wastewater association comprised of over 90 Wisconsin municipalities that operate wastewater treatment plants, on regulatory and policy developments that affect wastewater management.
- Represent private industrial waste management company on several issues, including issuance of and challenges to Wisconsin Pollution Discharge Elimination Permit Program, state enforcement, local conditional use permit and zoning litigation.
- Represent two villages in the development of intermunicipal organization for wastewater management, including facilitation of regulatory aspects of development of joint wastewater treatment plant.