Amy B.F. Tutwiler
Amy offers practical legal services to her clients. Her practice focuses on environmental law, employment and defense litigation. She has represented businesses and municipalities in the interpretation and application of environmental laws to their operations in a variety of contexts. Amy also represents clients in litigation matters. She has successfully represented clients in cases involving matters such as environmental and land use issues, employment discrimination, civil rights, insurance coverage issues and contract disputes. Amy has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for 2018.
Amy’s experiences include the following:
- Represent clients in the environmental due diligence review process involved in real estate and other business transactions.
- Provide counsel to clients undertaking environmental processes and cost recovery.
- Defend environmental consultants against liability claims.
- Negotiate wastewater discharge permits for clients under the Wisconsin Pollution Discharge Elimination permit program (WPDES).
- Draft, negotiate and litigate local environmental permits.
- Represent municipality in resolution of public well contamination matter involving environmental investigation and litigation.
- Serve on a variety of Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources rulemaking advisory committees through position as a lobbyist for an association of municipal wastewater operations.
- Represent insurance clients in litigation and other disputes over insurance coverage for environmental, business and other liabilities.
- Successfully defend employers against claims of employment law violations, including discrimination, retaliation, disability law and Family Medical Leave Act compliance.
- Defend business and municipalities and other clients in matters involving liability claims.
Amy Tutwiler received her B.A. with honors, summa cum laude, from the
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 1988. She received her law degree
and a masters of science degree from the University of Wisconsin in
1994, during which time was also a member of the Administrative Law Moot
team. Amy has been admitted into Phi Beta Kappa.
Amy was born in Wauwatosa. She and her husband Mark live in Middleton with their two children. Amy has served as Chairperson to the Dane County Ethics Board and as Vice President of the Board for her children’s preschool. In her spare time, Amy enjoys reading, biking, travel and the arts.
2018 Best Lawyers in America® Announced
Best Lawyers in America announces Bell, Moore & Richter, S.C. attorneys who have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2018 Best Lawyers in America® selection. David E. McFarlane has been named "Lawyer of the Year" in the area of Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants. Other attorneys recognized are by Best Lawyers in America for 2018 are: John M. Moore, Ward I. Richter, Ann Emmerich, Amy B.F. Tutwiler and David E. Joanis.
How to Handle Wage Claims and Avoid Retaliation Claims
Bell, Moore & Richter, S.C. Celebrating 165 Years
Bell, Moore & Richter, S.C. is proud to announce that they have been providing 165 years of legal services to individuals and businesses.